Monday, August 23, 2021

Cancun Day 5

 


One thing about documenting how your day went if at the end of the day amazing happens you want to start with that.  But I will resist and talk about all the cool stuff in order.

Today was a trip to the MUSA which is an under water art exhibit basically.  There are a few most you have to dive to enjoy but one off the Nizuc point works for snorkelers.  It’s partially in the national park but the boundary is a rope and boueys so who know.


Took a boat out to a floating platform outside the “park”. From there we snorkeled in.  The first set of structure was a bunch of guys around a table.   Couldnt figure out my phone camer case.  So just captures the guys butt.  There was also a lady with her arms out stretch and a guy watching TV.  One also I guess “fell over” due to the hurricane.

Saw striped fish, camouflage fish, big fish, blue fish. A few others in our part saw a turtle and stingray.  It was a great adventure!  Water was a little murky but considering the hurricane that came though so be it.

The snorkel was super cool but this random encounter was amazing!!  After dinner at the hotel I decided to take a stroll on the beach.  All of a sudden I almost ran into the biggest turtle. She was headed back out to sea.  It was so exciting.  I walked around and saw her tracks and then notice another set further up.  So she was scoping out something.

So I decided to hang out a bit, play with my camera exposure of the moon light.  

Then about an hour later she cane back.  She was started building a nest, tossing dirt everywhere. Would have loved to stay and watch her lay eggs and cover it all back up but I read it takes up to 3 hours.  No thanks I’ll leave her at peace.

Pictures didn’t cut it since I didn’t want to use flash but video was perfect to show the flying sand.




No comments: